This gives me joy.
To think that there is not one person on this earth that can tell me with certainty when baby will come, but that the Lord knows the exact time. As much as I wish I could just KNOW, I smile when I think of the fact that God knows and that He is good and trustworthy. Just the thought of this simple truth: that He is God and I am not. That He is in control and I am not. Time is in His hands.
That ALONE is enough to get my mind off all of the ways that I could take control by trying to naturally induce labor (downing some castor oil, walking a half-marathon, starving myself, possibly taking up smoking - okay just kidding) and to use my thoughts and time to just worship Him for who He is!
"Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them." Psalm 139:16
How true this is for me and Matt, and also for my baby and for you!
3 comments:
I was kind of hoping that Henry would show up today so that you could say you were giving up being pregnant for Lent :)
I love your heart in this...seriously, enjoy your time with Matt and your uninterrupted SLEEP! So excited for you!
Such a feeling of peace isn't it? I was very anxious for both of my babies to arrive, and knowing that they would be born on the exact day God chose for them is all that gave me peace. =)
Post a Comment