Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm still here.

I can't sleep, which is totally wrong because every mom on the planet is telling me to enjoy my last days of DINK status by sleeping a lot. Oh well.

Short update. Doc is optimistic about my progress, and thinks baby should be here by end of week. Okay, I can deal with that. Can you? (BTW, Happy Birthday to KATIE! Maybe the baby will get to share it with you after all?!)

Last night, Matt and I were talking about all the stuff God's been teaching us with the labor and delivery being so close. Here's a few things I shared with him...

1- How we plan. You can imagine that I have had nothing planned this week because I realize that I am not in control of anything that happens. I have to wait till the last minute to plan anything if I want to, or if I plan in advance, it's with this attitude that I may not actually get to do the thing I have planned. Puts a new perspective on this verse in James 4.

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."

2- Trusting God w/ World Events. Ever since getting preggo, anytime I hear anything about war, especially stuff going on w/ Iran and Israel, and nuclear weapons, etc. I start to get scared. I think, "Wow, I am bringing a child into THIS." It just feels scary. So I am forced to remember and believe that God is in control of all of it (Psalm 46), and that he determined the perfect times and places for all of us to live.

"From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." Acts 17:26

3- The value of every single person in God's eyes. I LOVE Psalm 139.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

God loves his creation. He values each an every person that walks the face of this planet because he made them. Sometimes that is hard for me to understand because my mind is incapable of truly grasping the WHOLE truth about Him and how He works, but having a little guy growing inside me makes me so confident of this.

Thanks for letting me share! I am making myself go to sleep now for real.

No comments: