You'd think a stay at home mom would have ALL the time in the world to write blog posts, wouldn't you? I mean, what could you possibly be doing all day long with a baby that doesn't even crawl yet?
I know, it sounds lame, but when your child poops 10 times a day (I kid you not.), eats 6 times a day (and still has not resumed taking a bottle or sippy cup and two of those times you are spoon feeding him pureed fruits and veggies that take a gazillion years to finish), the days can get pretty busy. Not to mention, I usually get stir crazy after about 2-3 hours at home, so we have to run a lot of very important errands during the day.
Before stay at home mom life was a reality for me, I envisioned my child playing happily with his toys while I'd sit by his side and read a book or blog or write in a journal or something deep like that. I pictured him taking a morning nap for 3 hours and an afternoon nap for 3 hours. Plenty of time for me to clean the house and keep up with laundry... and probably extra time to take up a new hobby! And surely, I'd have plenty of energy to wake up earlier than him in order to prepare mentally, emotionally, spiritually for the day ahead- while drinking coffee and watching the sunrise. Surely this would be possible! Only the beginning of my totally unrealistic expectations.
Needless to say, my life is not so...
So, because I feel more brain dead than anything else by the end of the day, here are some thoughts I'd like to share - no rhyme or reason to this post at all.
1. As previously mentioned, I change a lot of diapers. When he was first allowed to eat "solid" foods, which basically means thicker liquids, I bought him infant fortified OATMEAL cereal instead of RICE because I heard that rice could make babies get constipated. I hate to admit this, but this week, I was so tired of changing dirty diapers that I went back out and bought the rice cereal in hopes that he would get a little constipated. Constipation would be nice for a change!
2. Matt and I started training for a half marathon. And by started, I mean that today was the first official day of training. To be quite honest, I don't know how this thing is going to get done apart from Matt forcing me to go running with him... and he pushes H in the jogger, so no childcare is necessary. I am doing this for two reasons, one being mental health. (Not that being a stay at home mom doesn't do wonders for mental health!) The other is that I'm feeling like I need to accomplish SOMETHING. Which is big news bc normally I am not too much of an achiever. However, the accomplishing will also contribute to the mental health.
Seriously... I really do LOVE being at home w/ the sweetie fella, and I love being a "full-time" mom. But if I said it was easy, well that would be a fat lie!
Love you all - whoever you are! Goodnight!
3 comments:
True true true. You're too funny! Way to go on the 1/2 marathon training!
ha! have fun training for the half. you can do it!
oh I love running - I absolutely do! and I always get SO SO SO excited when I see that someone else is trying to appreciate it as well : ) Rob just started training for the marathon for adoption (the half) that is in Oct. And I was so glad that he is finally getting into this with me. What are you guys training for? You just have to check out the 3M half that is in January!! It is the best one ever - always cold and mostly down hill. You can even do the 13.1 miles as a relay with another person. Keep me posted on how it goes!
Post a Comment