Henry is doing great - minus the fact that he cut his first tooth yesterday, and he's about to cut the second one! That makes for a loooong week with not very much sleep for both him and us!
Here's two pictures we took tonight. He looks less like "Stewie" from Family Guy and more like Henry each day!
The sides of his head are yellowish because of bruising, and his head is still squishy feeling. I feel funny taking him in public because I don't want people to stare, but we've gone out anyway.
I was doing some web browsing today and came across some pictures of a man who never had his sagittal craniosynostosis corrected, and it was very sad. I don't want to post them here because they were linked on a craniosynostosis forum, and I don't feel like I have permission, so I won't. But, we are so thankful that God created a way for Henry's head to be healed. The man has endured a lifetime of ridicule and psychological problems, according to his daughter.
Anyway, thanks for your support this last week again. We feel so blessed and loved.
7 comments:
I love you so much, Henry.....I miss you and your sweet smile, your 'talking' and your expressions!!
Wow! What an amazing recovery! You've got such a little trooper, and kudos to you guys for the patience and strength you've shown throughout it as well. He looks great, and even at his tender age, seeing the compassion and devotion of his parents will teach him to be that way too. Good job! And best wishes for just a few more days of all this craziness. He looks cute as pie. :) Cassandra B.
What a precious baby! So happy to hear he is doing great :-)
Henry, I love you...I miss you. You are such a wonderful, special baby boy!
He looks really wonderful! What a blessing that he is doing so well!
Wow! It's amazing how much of a difference 6 days can make! He is healing so well and looking more and more like himself. I'm thankful for you that you're nearing the end of this surgery & recovery road!
Leah, he looks so good! Praise God.
Post a Comment