So the little guy pretty much only wanted his momma last night, which translates to... I got no sleep! But that's okay. I loved sitting there in that uncomfortable rocking chair, holding that baby, knowing that he was being comforted in my arms. Also, ever since I nursed him the first time, he has refused ALL bottles, even if it's REAL milk. He wants the real thing and that's it!
My mom and I were thinking that his swelling may have gotten worse, but when Matt got here today, he thought that the swelling had gone down a lot! (Obviously it's very gradual.) His ears were pink again and closer to their normal size. Also, because of the swelling, all of Henry's many chins had disappeared. When Matt got back this morning, he had two chins again! I've also noticed that he can hold his head a little better this morning, but he's not yet able to support himself. I'd say at its biggest, his head was the size of a woman's basketball.
He still looks bruised around his neck. His eyes are lighter purple now, and he's tried to open them, but that probably won't happen till tomorrow. I'd LOVE for that to happen tonight, but my resources tell me it will be tomorrow.
The good thing is that he's being himself when he's awake. He's enjoyed holding onto some rattles and keys and scratching our arms and touching our faces. He likes it when Matt makes animal noises at him, and he loves his stuffed doggy, Scout, who sings to him. We've been singing several songs to him, including "Goodbye to Texas University" and "The Eyes of Texas." He will be confused one day soon!!
The next big event is a shampoo, which we will do soon. The doctor said that he gives us the okay to go home today but that most parents choose to stay one more night. We are still not sure what we will do. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment