We got home tonight around 7 PM! Right now Henry is sitting up in his carseat, comfy, happy, and smiling and laughing A LOT! :) (Wait, he just pooped. No wonder. Sorry for the mom details.) He has one eye almost completely open and the other one is just a slit. If you thought he looked like an alien before (you know who you are), he REALLY looks like one now!
He started to get a lot better this afternoon. I think it was after about 4 hours that we hadn't seen a nurse or anything that we decided he really did not need to stay overnight. (And we were ready to be home, too.) The doctor said he was completely safe to go home, and since his eyes were starting to open, we felt a lot better about it. Another thing was that Matt was able to make him laugh and smile, so we knew he was back to being himself.
Right now his head feels like a water balloon, and he seems to be the happiest in his carseat, so we are hoping he will sleep in there. He still won't take a bottle. :) We are starting to be able to make out his facial expressions... we couldn't do that before bc it was so swollen.
We are exhausted. I keep thinking to myself, "What in the world were we just doing?" I am so thankful that he is getting back to normal. I almost can't believe that this whole little journey is over - the hard parts are over at least. Thank you, Lord.
We expect his head to look normal in about 2 weeks. The swelling takes 6 weeks to go down completely. I'll post pictures next.
1 comment:
Wonderful news! I never would have thought you could go home so soon! Praising God for all He is doing in and through you.
Post a Comment