So this post is approx 5 days late, but did I tell you what my wonderful Matt did for me for Valentine's day?
He gave me the day off!!! He worked from home (aka took the day mostly off, minus email and phone calls) which is a HUGE deal for him because he is always in high demand at his office.
So I did what I would have done had I no child. I went to Starbucks for like the ENTIRE morning and read, studied my Bible, and wrote out a to do list (which was totally in vain because I didn't accomplish anything on it).
Then I went to the gym, but seeing as I am really out of the workout habit, I didn't stay long...
Matt and I talked on the phone at about 11:30AM, and he told me, "Your job is really hard." Which I appreciated because I feel like it's really hard all the time. I mean, Henry isn't hard, but being a mom is hard, no matter how awesome your kid is.
Then Matt and Henry met me for lunch outside (it was a beautiful day).
Then I got a pedicure. Then I got a massage with a gift card that Matt's parents had given me back in June as a consolation after I found out about Henry's surgery.
When I got home, the house was cleaned up, and dinner was ready to be put on the grill!
It was truly wonderful. Most wonderful is that my hubby is in tune w/ me and what matters to me. Hint: It's not flowers. Although they never hurt. It's also not chocolate because I buy chocolate for myself. :)
Anyone out there with a good marriage knows that marriage is not easy. It takes a lot of work! I was talking to my bff aeaeae a few months back, and I guess she was under the impression that bc my hubby is awesome, that meant my marriage was easy. It's not easy, it's hard, but it's really good, and only getting better.
I am so thankful for Matt. He is strong, steadfast, a servant to me, an awesome dad. I love him so much! Mushy mushy, me!!
1 comment:
Okay, he is awesome and that is a fab gift!!!!
Post a Comment