Thursday, March 10, 2011

while we're on the topic...

While we're on the topic... I'd like to continue to tell you that when I drink a milkshake, I like to think of all the good calcium I'm getting. When I get a cheeseburger from McDonalds, I think about the iron from the red meat and the protein in that baby. When I drink a diet coke, I think about how even carbonated water can hydrate you (nevermind that caffeine dehydrates you). When I eat a lot of chips and salsa and/or chips and guacamole, I like to think the health benefits of the salsa and the avocado. Nevermind the fried chips, the trans fat, the preservatives, the refined carbohydrates, the fake sugar.

I could probably eat a 1/2 pound cheeseburger with butter all over the bun and think to myself, "There was a TOMATO and a PIECE of ICEBERG LETTUCE on that baby! I got my veggies in!"

(Sorry for "yelling" with the all caps. Wait, no, I'm not sorry. And It's not meant to be like yelling. It's meant to be exclaiming.)

You know, come to think of it. It's kind of like Henry with the ketchup. :) Got to have the bad to get the good. Hahaha.

Okay, I have wasted enough time today. There is laundry to be folded.

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

Haha I'm totally with you on the rationalizing - I do it all the time! Let's just call it looking on the bright side :)

Tracy's Porch said...

You make me laugh. Don't watch Food, Inc. It made me never want to drive through McDonalds again. (although I have since watching it)

Annie Houston said...

Haha you are so funny and entertaining!! I quite enjoy your theories too:).