I wonder how many people out there wonder if God loves them. Because I know a lot of times it might not FEEL like God loves you. And while feelings are not always true, they are very real.
I remember when God first revealed this awesome TRUTH to me- the proof of his love. It is Jesus Christ, crucified on the cross, for my sins. I remember thinking, "How do I know God loves me? Because He sent his Son to die in my place!" If I ever doubt his love, I only need to look at Jesus.
There have been times since that initial revelation of his love that I haven't always "felt" like God loves me. In those times, even though my feelings may be real, I must (and you must!) remember that those feelings are NOT true. But if I fix my eyes on Jesus, hanging on a cross for me- the true AND real proof of God's love for me - then eventually, my feelings will follow.
And you know, it's kind of addicting. When you realize how much God really does love you... you just get obsessed with the cross (the place where he displayed that love). But, most likely, the feelings and the obsession will come second. The choice to believe it and the mind-changing come first.
Ah! How much God wants us to know and believe that he does love us! Let us fix our eyes on Jesus...
2 comments:
Hmm, I scheduled a post for tomorrow morning that is about how I know Jesus loves me! It's not quite as insightful as this post, though :) Just don't want you to think I'm a copycat! I know you were worried.
Love this!
Post a Comment