The thing about weekly OB visits at this point in pregnancy is that they don't really do much as far as predicting the onset of labor. My appointment yesterday was exciting... so exciting in fact, that the doctor offered to induce me TODAY! Talk about being caught off guard! Much to everyone's surprise, I said no. Anticipation can be exciting. I like that part of it.
...But let's not get too carried away here. Going past my due date would NOT be exciting. So I called back later to see if he would induce me on Friday. The nurse had to check with him and I am still waiting for them to get back to me on an answer. However, doctor thinks I should be in there by natural causes in "the next couple of days."
So after the appointment, I made a rookie mistake. Embarrassing since I am not technically a rookie. I called my mom. She had a flight for Wednesday, but she changed it to today. I ate spicy food for dinner. I told people that I might not be "there" tomorrow - you know at events I previously planned to attend. Basically, I alerted the media, but there was really no news. Not in labor. I will be there. Sorry you spent an extra 50 bucks to change your flight, mom.
To top off the rookie mistake, I had been having approximately one contraction every hour for the last three days. Nothing painful. Nothing to write home about. But overnight they were either so weak that I couldn't feel them, or more likely, they went away all together.
Unlike last pregnancy, I am not going to throw a hissy-fit and spend all day researching natural labor induction techniques. (Although I won't lie and say I didn't stoop so low this morning at 3AM as to watch a couple of YouTube videos on accupressure to induce labor.) Instead I'm going to pretend to be a mature adult and assume that this is God's way of giving me time to wrap up the last 3-4 items on my to-do list that I have put off until now.
Since I know you care to know, some of those "to-do" items include:
- Getting Henry a present "from his baby brother." Supposedly this is a good way to help toddlers cope with the new addition.
- Getting unnamed baby 2 a baby book so I can get his footprint in it, and so later in life he won't wonder why his older brother had a baby book and he didn't. (Note to world, I still haven't completed Henry's 1st year baby book, so I'm not extremely excited about this purchase, but it must be done.)
- Reclean. I had a nesting frenzy one day last week. Apparently that was a week too early because everything is unclean and back to normal now. I'd like to get it spic 'n span again today... but a nap might be more necessary, seeing as I've been wide awake since 3:30 am now.
My actual written to do list is much longer, but it's not important that you know all the little things I put on there just so I can feel better about myself when I cross them off. Happy Tuesday!
2 comments:
Can't believe you will be having another baby so soon! Once he is here and you are settled with 2 little ones, THEN we will make that play date happen :)
Eeek! I am impressed you said no! I think I would have cried, hugged the doctor, and headed straight for the epidural team! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment