Monday, December 5, 2011

a pinterest fail

A couple of weeks ago I saw this on Pinterest.



Brilliant idea if you have a regular toaster instead of a toaster oven, right? Not going to lie, I actually tried this - because apparently putting cheese on toast and sticking it under the broiler for two minutes is really far too difficult.

MAJOR. FAIL. The crumbs that were already hanging out inside of my toaster seeped down into the sides of the toaster and smoke started coming out... along with the burning smell.

Now I wonder if someone put that "brilliant" idea on the internet just so some smarty pants like me would be silly enough to try it.

2 comments:

Brad and Katrina said...

Leah! I saw this too and tried it and my toaster started SMOKING! I had to rip the cord from the socket because I couldn't get it to turn off! I pinned it on my "pinned it, tried it" board as a big NO.

On another "funner" note...congratulations on baby Sam! I don't think I knew you were that close to having him. I have been WAY behind on my blog reading plus you looked wonderful! Anyways, he is adorable and you are going to be a fabulous mommy of 2! Let me know if you need anything...I wish it was a little warmer and Henry, Cole, and I could go to the park or something!

Longest comment ever. love to you & your family. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I didn't see this one and would totally be tempted to try it!