Sunday, April 15, 2012

funny homeless signs and other stuff

In case you didn't already know, Austin is home to the homeless.  The other day Matt and I passed a homeless guy with a sign that we found pretty amusing.  It read: DON'T NEED INTERNET. WIFE KNOWS EVERYTHING.  We liked it.

Then yesterday some dude was holding up a sign that said, "People who sleep like a baby probably don't have one."  Very true.

Next.  Tonight I planned ahead (for once) and tried to actually cook a decent dinner - steak with some different types of vegetables (including beets, which I was cooking for the first time).  Of course it just so happened that my children would be really needy during the time when I needed to be cooking the food.  (Like food was on the stove and in the oven, timers were going off, etc.)  Sam was sleepy, but we had let him get overtired which meant that he had to be held by me and only me.  This kid goes bananas when we try to hand him over to Matt - poor Matt.  Anyway, I'm sitting in Sam's room, rocking him to sleep (you know while timers are going off and stuff), thinking to myself, "Why do even TRY to cook?  I'm never cooking again!"  Then seconds later Matt comes in to tell me that he doesn't know what happened, but after changing Henry's diaper, he went outside to find the grill heated above 650 degrees with smoke and flames all over the place.  Steaks ruined.  So we had pasta for like the 5th time out of the last 7 days.  Can I just order pizza every night?

3 comments:

Honey said...

Ah, bummer. Did Henry turn the girll up?

Jennifer said...

I think I was fed a lot of frozen taquitos, bagel bites, and gushers in my childhood...and look at me now!

Tracy's Porch said...

Oh my gosh! That was me two years ago! Gracie was the same way...wanted to be held when I tried to cook and would not let Dale hold her. Now, she just finds mischief while I cook.

The Studio Kitchen saved me many nights. I would just pop in one of their already cooked meals. Look them up. they are in Round Rock. you can preorder several fozen meals that have been handmade and don't have "icky" in them. Then go pick them up. they even have fresh sides now.