Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy November! (Recent Pics and an Update)

Hello. It's been awhile since I logged what my kids are doing for the world to see, and well, since their lives are basically passing by before my eyes, I figured it was about time to make sure I remember something.  Don't worry, I decided to upload some pictures to make it more entertaining for those of you who happen to be interested in how many teeth my children have.

Mommy and Hen at TacoDeli.  He was determined to make sure his food was showing.  Such a boy in so many ways.
Henry is an excellent conversationalist and has pretty legit verbal skills if I might say so. He has started asking intelligent questions. Like, for instance, we were practicing some memory verses, one of which used the term "atoning sacrifice." "What's that?" Henry asks. "Well, Hen, it's what Jesus did. He died for our sin so we could be with God." "Oh really? Where's God?" And on and on the conversation went.

Another sweet conversation we had the other day when I was sick went something like this.  "Henry, I'm sorry mommy's sick.  I'm sorry I can't take care of you."  "Can I take care of you, Mommy?"

We are so thankful to have a duck pond nearby our new house.  Matt had a lot of memories with Hen at a duckpond near our old house, so this is really fun.  Henry is excited about dandelions.  He did get confused at first and asked me if he could blow "the lion kings."
It's tough to get a picture these days that doesn't have at least one blurry section.  Here's Frosty the Snowman and Super Sam the pumpkin on Halloween.  I was determined to make them get in their costumes even though both Henry and I were sick.

Sam, as you know, is a little bit wild! The kid just wants to move, and I think we are entering into a can't go anywhere stage because he is always miserable if he's not down on the floor walking. And yes, I think we can officially say that he walks (or tries to walk) more than he crawls now!  I have some footage, but I've never been good about uploading videos to the blog, so no promises.

OH! And this is big news, but Sam officially says "Mama," and I think we can call it his first word.  Sad, I can't remember Henry's first word, but I think it was Dada.  Odd though, because H is a major mama's boy still, and Sammy LOVES his daddy.

Blurry blurry Sam.
This is typical - Henry sitting down like he's supposed to.  Sam trying to climb, crawl, move, go...  One of the days we were quarantined we went to ride the train at the Domain.  Check your ego at the door and do it... worth every penny when you need something to do!
I have no clue where this was, but I will say that about the only time Sam is content to sit is when he is in the stroller.  (Or watching a movie in his carseat.  The kid literally turns his head around in his carseat to see the screen in the car.  It's sad.)
Daddy carved a pumpkin!  Aren't my boys cute??
Henry and Sam together is also pretty entertaining. First you have Henry who is definitely the big brother and will tell Sam, "No Sam, you can't have that." Most of the time, it's just because Henry would rather be playing with whatever it is, but occasionally Henry has really been helpful in keeping Sam out of trouble -- you know like keeping him away from outlets and the stairs, for instance. 

Sammy has a temper! To be honest, I've known this for awhile. Like, since the day he was born and he would scream at me to feed him. Even as a newborn, it was much different than the very polite way that Henry would notify me that it was time to eat.  So when Henry takes toys away from Sam, Sam gets SO MAD. He clenches his fists and his whole body tenses up and then he SCA-REAMS!  Trust me, all.day.long. it's really fun. No, I definitely don't have wisdom for how to teach your kids to share/care about each other more than they care about themselves.

Kid shovels food into his mouth like nobody's business.
I love this one, even if it's blurry.  He's always on the move.
My three longhorns.  Ask me about the lady at TacoDeli who thought I was trying to "hide" the fact that I was an Aggie.  I'll blog about that later.  Here's a perfect example of Sam being extremely unhappy because he is forced to sit still.
He saw his big brother doing it. I'm telling you, he is so active.
Sweet Henry put himself down on the couch the other day when he wasn't feeling well.
Have I mentioned I don't want to cut his hair?  He's still seems like such a baby to me!  It's long, but I just want it to stay baby-ish for now!
Henry is doing awesome at preschool and at his CBS class. His teachers tell me that he always cleans up after himself between activities. And I think he has some other weird things that he "always" does like he HAS to put his water cup into his lunchbox after lunch, etc. This behavior most certainly comes from his dad, who eats the same lunch everyday and has an exact routine in the shower. TMI? My shower "routine" is more like doing whatever feels right and then I ask, "Did I shampoo? I can't remember, I'll just do it again to make sure..." Anyway, Henry definitely likes to be clean, too. Should be good for potty training which I am still putting off.

And these last two pictures are just for fun courtesy of Pinterest.  They made me laugh.


Happy Novemeber! I am looking forward to the holiday season!

2 comments:

the blogivers said...

Ha, I really like both of those last 2 pics... and I promise I read the rest of the update, too :)

Marie said...

The pic of the boys in their costumes is pretty awesome. And Sam looks like a champ on that rock wall - he needs to teach Allison a thing or two.