Monday, November 12, 2012

7 out of 30

Please forgive me for my bad attitude about the neighbors' kids. Ha. Maybe a little bit of an overreaction?  With that I present to you...


I ran a half marathon!  As you can see, I placed very high. (Joking.)

There were 16488 competitors overall (it was extremely crowded, dodging people the whole time).  There were 1588 competitors in my division, and there were 10,110 females.  Apparently women are way more into running half marathons than men.

I ran the whole time minus to stop for water.  I was happy with that.  It was fun to spend the weekend with my pal and training buddy, Becky, my sis in law Mary, and my brother David - all who finished the race strong!

And now I'm glad it's over.  I celebrated by getting 2 out of 4 of the seasonal Blue Bell flavors.

Till next time blog friends.

Best part of the race was seeing my little cheerleaders along the side of the road!

4 comments:

the blogivers said...

Work it, own it...

Tracy's Porch said...

congrats.

Henry is so cute standing there with that sign!

Marie said...

Aw, H looks proud of his mom. Way to go Slim!

Kevin and Becky said...

You forgot to mention your beer break too. :)

Nice job, friend.