Wednesday, November 28, 2012

best turkey trot ever

We do the Turkey Trot in Austin every year... and that's been a tradition for like six or so years now.  Anyway, I have been known to either 1- walk, 2- cheat, 3- quit or 4- be pregnant during each trot... so of all six, I think I have actually only finished TWO successfully.  But after this year I can add another to that list.  :)

I was pretty proud of myself... I averaged an 8:40 pace, finishing the 5 miles in 44 minutes almost exactly, which is still only a trot, but it was still faster than I've ever ran it before (even six years ago when I was 22), and I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed myself while running.  So that was nice.

If you don't like me bragging about how super-awesomely not fast I am, I can make you feel better by letting you know that (besides when I've been pregnant), I also weighed (weigh) more during this year's turkey trot than I have weighed in any previous turkey trot ever... or pretty much in life ever.  Extra poundage got nothing on my time, peeps!  Haha.

Also, I had an awesome plan to write about some stuff I was thankful for last week, but that got away from me.  I am, however, very thankful for many things.  Much love!

Here we are post race.  No, Matt didn't push the double... you almost thought he was superman, didn't you?

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

That's amazing! And more than Matt being superman, I was going to ask how you got both kids to sit for 44 minutes!