Sam is almost out of formula, and he's also almost 11 months old. Secretly, I just want to give him milk and be done with it. Also, I'm tired of bottles. We'll just start milk from a sippy cup one month early? No harm in that, is there?
In the same way, Henry is almost out of diapers. I may be motivated to potty train him based purely on the fact that I don't want to go buy more. Unfortunately this weekend is inconvenient because of my half marathon... so diapers it is. Looks like I'll have to wait till the next time we run out...
There are like 10 ripe bananas in my freezer because I've been meaning to make banana bread since, oh... June. I finally got three of them them out today, and I think I will be making some banana, prune, zucchini bread concoction so that I can feel good about giving my kids refined carbs- and so the food won't go bad..
On that note, I haven't made any kind of bread for months. I was, for awhile, baking a breakfast bread weekly.
On that note, last year when I was pregnant, I went pumpkin-crazy. I got all pumpkin-ed out, and apparently that lasted over a year because I'm still not interested in making, baking, eating anything pumpkin.
Henry had a fever last week, and he voluntarily laid himself down on the couch to watch movies. The confession is that, while I really felt terrible that he was so miserable, it actually made my life easier. No, I'm not secretly wishing he was sick more often...
This morning the extra hour somehow left us with TWO FREE hours before it was time to take Henry to school. Everyone was fed and dressed and we still had two hours till school time. SO, I decided to take the boys running in the double stroller. I was going to take them for 5 miles. On my route almost the entire first mile is a gradual incline. And Henry was not just politely asking, but WHINING, "Faaaaaaster! Faaaaaaaaaster Mommy, I want to go faster!" Like in the most whiny, high-pitched voice ever... and I could not have ignored it if I wanted to. After yelling at him (confession 1) while running uphill with double stroller, I was out of energy and my 5 miles turned into 2 (confession 2). Poor child is so spoiled because his daddy actually runs fast. No more running with the double unless I have some music to tune out the kids.
And that's my last confession - I washed my ipod and it is no longer...
Till next time.
1 comment:
Haha, all of those were good ones. Good luck in the half this weekend!In a gesture of solidarity, I may go out and run half a mile while you run half a marathon. Same difference.
Post a Comment