Monday, March 10, 2014

33 Week Pregnancy Update!

How, I ask you, has it been five whole weeks since my 28 week post?
I do not know.  But this I do know- at 28 weeks, I could feel things beginning to slip downhill - you know, a little less motivation to cook and clean, a little less motivation to eat healthy, a little less motivation to wake up early, a little more of a magnetic tug to the couch/bed, some more sleepless nights, minor heartburn and reflux, some bouts of feeling anxious.

And now, I'm 33 weeks.  And downhill things have gone.  My mind is constantly back and forth between, "Oh my gosh! Only seven more weeks! I have so much to do!!" and then "SEVEN.MORE.WEEKS. How in the world can I do this for seeeeven more weeks?" Especially knowing that it just gets harder as baby and I get bigger.

Let's see.  This stage is tough because I am still nesting in theory, but when I physically set out to accomplish what my brain wants to do, I end up basically crippled by the end of the day, and I'm not even kidding you.  By 9 PM last night, I was literally crawling around my house because of tailbone pain.

In a sad but true low point, I did actually crawl to the freezer to get some ice cream, which may or may not have been my second dessert.  I guess my body can't handle a simple day of vacuuming, dusting, laundry and cooking dinner.  The Deep Cleaning anniversary gift is looking really sweet right now.

Okay, so I have repeatedly heard the word "tiny" to describe my belly, and I will gladly accept the compliment on the premise of vanity ALONE.  Because here's the truth: 1- I gain just as much or more weight than the average pregnant person. 2- My babies are still just as big, they just sit on my tailbone instead of out in front like the rest of you people- so as to cause the tailbone pain, and the infamous sciatica/nerve pain.  3- I still get stretch marks.  And for the record, no one ever calls me "tiny" when I am not pregnant.

Unfortunately, when my insomnia hit around 2AM, I still couldn't walk.  I am not exaggerating - I need a walker.  This is also unfortunate because it's Spring Break, and I was hoping to do some fun things with the boys this week.  Now I am not sure how I'm going to tackle this week alone.

Side note: Matt got me a prenatal massage for Valentine's Day.  In the middle of the night, I started researching "pregnancy chiropractor" on yelp, and what do you know! The place where he got my massage gift card came up with rave reviews about healing back pain, etc. So I may or may not try to get in like ASAP for one of those bad boys.  And by the way, Matt is hitting home-runs in the gift department!

I told you all that we have a name, but we don't actually have a middle name, so I am waiting till that is decided so I can share the whole thing at once.  I think that's it with the update.  I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but my four year old just woke up after a dream.

Till next time.

P.S. I will add a belly pic later today, but I think snapping a selfie at 5AM would be a little bit psycho.  Plus I'm having a hard time standing right now.

The pineapple is there because the baby weighs as much as a pineapple right now.

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

Ha, I love the explanation for why you don't mind being calling "tiny." I felt the same way with both of my pregnancies - ironically, those were the only times anyone really called me tiny, too! :)

Jess said...

And to think, I thought you had the pineapple there to welcome everyone:) Love you lady!

Melissa Mezger said...

Hang in there! The end is almost in sight!

Love the pineapple!!!!

I can't imagine you crawling around. : (