I love donuts. I love all sweets, actually. (Which is why I've had like 1000 cavities, but that's another story.) When I was in high school, I could DOWN me some donuts. :) I'm talking like 5, possibly more.
So I knew I was getting old when this stopped being enjoyable. I remember very clearly the first time I felt terrible after a donut binge. Matt and I were in our first apartment, and it was a Saturday morning. We went to HEB to pick up breakfast because, as usual, there was nothing in the pantry.
Matt's choice? A bagel and orange juice. Leah's breakfast of champions? Two donuts and chocolate milk. So we get home, and (as is also custom) I started and finished eating before Matt sat down at the table. (He still doesn't understand...when it's time to eat, there is NO TARRYING!)
Now I am not quite sure why, but in like 5 minutes I passed out- asleep. It must have been that my old body could no longer handle the sudden spike in blood sugar levels. I got back in bed before Matt had ever started his breakfast, and I was there for a good two or three hours. I thought this was going to be an isolated instance, but after several occasions of having sweets for breakfast, I realized that I could no longer do it and expect to stay awake.
Now in my old age, the sweetest thing I can have for breakfast is high fiber cereal. Okay, but I'm getting off topic. You see, I still haven't learned my lesson completely.
Last Wednesday night I, for some reason, decided to go to Krispy Kreme for dinner. I had two donuts (one was free) and regular milk (instead of chocolate). Let me just say that I don't think my body was made to digest those babies...
Wednesday night was the beginning of a long, drawn out stomach virus and illness that I never ever want to repeat. (You thought I hadn't blogged because I was busy, but actually, I was sick.) And although the virus and the fever probably didn't have much to do with Krispy Kreme at all, I am temporarily cured of my lifelong love affair with donuts.
Shout out to Rachael, my fellow donut lover, who inspired this awesome blog post.
8 comments:
Don't think I knew that about you, Leah! You always make me giggle but I'm sorry you were so sick. Sounds like you had what Ashley and Dale had around her birthday.
I'm an inspiration to many.
WHERE ARE THE DONUTS LEAH!!! I KNOW THEY ARE IN HERE SOMEWHERE!!
yo sis.. i started a blog.. i'm bored
it was YOU that left that fiber cereal in my pantry after your visit! EWWW! What am I supposed to do with that now?!
LEAH! You are really funny! Thanks for entertaining me at work....Andrea had to send me the link!
You are becoming a famous blogger!
I ate two donuts for dinner the other night and I thought of you. :)
L,I just found the donut story. At least you are admitting that you're eating them now!
Post a Comment