Wednesday, March 18, 2009

21 days to break a habit??

Is anyone else participating in lent? And is it getting harder or easier for you? Because I think I actually want sugar, Facebook, television, and all of my other forbidden activities MORE now than I did after the first two weeks.

Okay I lied. I really can do without TV; it's the other two that are getting me. (That might be because I ate dessert on my anniversary and at the wedding last weekend. It would have been rude not to.)

I just realized that you guys are probably wondering, "What are all her other forbidden activities?" Or maybe you aren't wondering that...

I won't lie that I initially did not tell you everything I am fasting from because, to be honest, it is very embarrassing.

I told you, I am an "all-or-nothing" person, so I don't just fast from one thing, man. If I'm going to abstain from anything, then I will abstain from everything. The opposite is also true: indulge in one thing, indulge in everything.

So here is the official list of everything I gave up for lent:

1. Naps (except on Sundays)
2. Waking up after 7 AM (except Saturdays)
3. Facebook
4. Television
5. Sweets (including soft drinks)
6. Fried Foods (including tortilla chips)
7. Eating out for lunch if I am not with someone else
8. Alcohol
9. Shopping for clothes

I get a weird pleasure abstaining from all these things. But I think it goes without saying that I am really looking forward to Easter this year. :)

----------------
By the way, original title for this post was "21 days to break a habit my butt." As you can see, I decided against that.

3 comments:

The Joiners said...

Ha ha I can't wait to see what kind of state you are in after Easter arrives... likely sitting in front of the tv with a laptop in your lap eating cookies and drinking a margarita? What better way to celebrate Easter? Ha ha!

the blogivers said...

AMEN. I am DYING over here without the frappuccinos. I'm afraid I might give up before Easter! Three weeks is good enough, right? :)

Leah said...

Allison, I am glad I'm not the only one...don't give up!! Amanda, you made me laugh out loud... that is a likely scenario.