Friday, March 27, 2009

Familial Fridays: Isn't Meyer Cute?

Today I get to blog about Matt's brother and my fellow middle child, Meyer! I have a unique affection in my heart for Meyer. I think it's cause we get to share the middle child bond, or maybe it's just because I feel like I understand him, or maybe it's because I think I am like him in some sort of way? (Note: I realize how narcissistic that sounds. "I love Meyer; Meyer is so much like me." But I guess you will just have to deal with it and pray that I change.) Either way, allow me to introduce you...


This is Meyer's classic devious smile. Doesn't he look like he's up to something? He probably is.

It took me marrying Matt to realize that there really are people in the world who don't enjoy being just a little rebellious. Matt is one of them. But Meyer is probably a little more like me; he has a little bit of a rebellious side (or as my mom likes to call it, an "edge.") A few examples of this? Well, he got two tattoos shortly after he turned 18. He wants to own a motorcycle, and he used to want to own a pet wolf. And he has really big, loud speakers in his car (which he installed himself). Of course I think this harmless rebellion is funny and awesome- but don't tell your parents I said that Meyer. (Joking.)

When I was first being initiated into the Gibson family dynamic, Matt's mom was always affectionately calling Meyer by the name of "Eeyore." For those of you who forgot who Eeyore is, this website describes him as an "unbelievably lovable donkey who is dismally gloomy for almost eternity." BUT I personally believe there is a little TIGGER somewhere in Meyer, and we love getting to see that side. Meyer gets really excited when he spends time with his family and people he loves, when he gets to work with his hands, and when he has a dream or goal to chase after.

Meyer's future wife will have a handy-man if there ever was one. Meyer, Matt and Matt's dad recently fixed the deck in our backyard, and apparently Meyer was a rock star at this. He can also do all sorts of work on a car - like installing things and replacing things, and well, I don't know much about cars, so that's about as descriptive as I can get. All I know is we will continue to recruit Meyer to fix our house and install things in our cars for awhile.

Meyer is very smart, athletic, and capable of being successful at a lot of different things. (I forgot to mention that he is apparently a stud in his AP Biology class, he is naturally artistic, and he was a killer defensive back on the varsity football team.) We are excited to see what his future holds after he graduates from high school this year!

No comments: