Monday, March 2, 2009

Why I Want A Two-Year-Old

You can teach them to say anything, and it's automatically funny! (And, as long as it's not your own kid, you don't have to worry too much about whether or not you're teaching them heresy.)

So, from the time he could talk, I've been teaching my nephew (pictured below), to say two very true and awesome things. He still says them to this day.

1. Uncle Matt is skinny.
2. Uncle Matt's a ding dong.

When he was only 1 yr, "skinny" sounded like "kinny" and "ding dong" sounded like "deen-don." Now he can say them correctly.

Of course one of the best of all was last year, we were all sitting at the table, except for Matt, who was still getting his food, and Peej demanded, "COME EAT, UNCLE MATT!!" This was completely unprovoked. Apparently Peej and I both get impatient when people aren't on time to the dinner table.

This is my nephew (Peej is a nickname) at Christmas, and he is wearing his little nebulizer because he had a small case of pneumonia. :( He will be a big brother at the end of April! I love him.

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

He's a cutie :)

Rachel Erwin said...

haha, drew would second this post. He doesn't enjoy the infants as much.

Honey said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got a picture with the nebulizer since I've never seen it!