Last week, Northwest Austin got pummeled by a hail storm. I was inside my house, and my car was safely in the garage, but it literally felt like God was shooting hail down with a cannon.
If you've been reading this blog awhile, you know that Matt's biggest regret in life is that he wasn't a meteorologist. (Okay, that might be an overstatement.) Really though, for Matt, The Weather Channel rivals ESPN.
When the storm was on its way, Matt frantically called me and told me to turn on the weather channel, and he warned me that he wouldn't be leaving work until the storm subsided. Whatever keeps you safe, babe. And look at you making me break my TV fast. (Joke.)
Also, during the storm, my g-chat status read, "glad I have a roof/goodbye roof." It turns out I might be a prophetess. We discovered a leak above our garage, so Matt did some investigating. Looks like we will be getting a new roof. Giddy Up.
Funny tidbit. Don't know if you know this, but Matt is sort of afraid of our attic (like he's maybe been up there once), and he is most definitely afraid of the phantom rats that live there.
So I got a huge kick out of watching him sneak up the ladder very cautiously - like something was going to jump out of the attic and attack him. He was also afraid that if he went in the attic, he'd get dirty and would have to change. I promised him he would not get wet. Shoot y'all- I married a drama king.
But he is outside keeping our yard from looking like a jungle, so maybe I should stop telling all of his funnies.
Anyway, on an unrelated note, I'd like all of you to know that when I post something as stupid as "I am going to fast from fasting" and no one says anything to me about it, I automatically assume that all of you must think I'm taking crazy pills and you'll probably just stop reading soon. Then I think, "Maybe they don't know that I am joking?" "Can't they take a joke?" Just tellin' you how it is, man.
Speaking of fasting... Matt told me that I have no integrity. (Read: I haven't so much been fasting/the giving up coffee thing lasted till Friday.) Anyway, since Matt has the highest integrity of anyone I have ever known (not joking about that), I would expect him to tell me that I have none. Whatever. I am planning on finishing strong for Lent. (Notice the vagueness of that resolution.) But seriously...
Gosh I feel like I have so much more to tell you, but I think that will have to be it for now.
Last- This weekend was like 50000 people's birthday. Sorry if I am missing yours, but shout out to GTB, Andrea, Matt's bro. Michael, and our future sister-in-law, Brittany!
4 comments:
You make me laugh :) And regarding the most recent post (about the coffee and budget) - Allison and I are both hardcore budgeters, so if you ever feel like jumping on the dorky budget bandwagon, we would be happy to help :)
Haha, thanks Amanda! I would like to say for the record that I am actually really good at creating budgeting, and that the only reason that Matt thinks I am bad at keeping them is because we haven't really had a working one for the last year. :) But yes, I LOVE budgeting. :) (I'm also not defensive.) Ha.
Shout out to me!!
Post a Comment