Friday, March 20, 2009

Familial Fridays: Michael


Meet the 3rd oldest among Matt and his siblings... Michael! (He is the one in the cap and gown, and his fiancee, Brittany is on the very far right.)

A few words to describe Michael? Motivated, opinionated, intelligent!

Motivated. Michael has goals, and he doesn't let much stand in the way of them. For starters, Michael graduated from UT undergrad in 2 1/2 years. He plans to go to law school, and just got a really awesome score on his LSAT. On top of all this, he just proposed to his girlfriend, Brittany, about a week ago. Graduate early. Check. Get excellent LSAT score. Check. Get married. Check.

Opinionated. I once said that I didn't really mind the fact that Michael is opinionated because most of the time I think his opinions are right. (Except of course when he is stereotyping sorority girls or Facebook users; then I am forced to disagree.) But seriously, he has an opinion about pretty much everything.

Intelligent. (Read "motivated.") I won't pretend like Michael doesn't know he's intelligent. He definitely does. That's fine. If you are around him for more than 5 minutes, you can tell that he reads a lot. And he talks really fast. And I think he only had one B in college, which was not because he actually earned a B, but because his prof punished people who didn't go to class. Those are the worst.

Last Thanksgiving Michael and I got in a serious debate about when a family photo was taken, and I fought adamantly for my position - to the point where at least half of the Gibson family was on my side and I even had Michael second guessing himself. But we continued debating, and I ended up being brutally humiliated when he was able to prove that he was right. Dang. Lesson learned: Don't get in an argument with Michael. He will win. (Sounds like BROOKE, doesn't it?)

Seriously though, I am looking for a rematch.

Michael is also really intense. Like if you watch a Texas football game with him and 1- don't cheer for Texas or 2- criticize Texas, then he will probably get pretty frustrated with you. He'd prefer if you just left the room. It's really fun to push his buttons in these situations, and since I am not a blood relative, I am still somehow able to get away with it. I don't expect this to last forever.

Lastly, we are really excited about Michael and Brittany getting married next year! (We think Brittany is perfect for Michael), and can't wait to see what God has in their future.

1 comment:

Honey said...

Michael is great!