Well I realize now what the PETA guy meant when he said that he thinks we should give insects the benefit of the doubt. (Apparently I don't catch on too quickly...) He thinks that we should give them the benefit of the doubt when in question about whether or not we consider them to be animals, even if they are the smallest of animals. (Of course you all are smart and already got that.)
This is awesome.
Because if a fly is an animal, no matter how small, then the animals rights activists believe that it should have the same protection as a bird, or a cow, or any other animal that is "big." Nevermind that a fly won't ever grow up into a bird - it just gets to be a fatter fly (like the one Obama manhandled).
Meanwhile, a baby's heart is formed and starts to beat within THREE weeks of fertilization, when it is only 1/17 of an inch long. (That is most likely sooner or the same time that most women would know if they were pregnant or not.) And unlike a fly, the fertilized egg will actually keep growing up into a "real" human being. (Though I consider it a real human being from conception.)
So if a FLY deserves the benefit of the doubt regarding its animal status, how much more a fertilized egg regarding its human status?
8 comments:
Hi, I found you through The Blogivers. This is an awesome post!! Seriously, you should print it out and mail it to like every news station in the country.
Travis has actually had a similar conversation with one of his liberal friends one time. It is a good argument for sure, provided that the animal rights advocate also happens to be pro-choice, which is true a lot of the time. The guy that Travis talked to basically said that he valued a woman's right to choose over the rights of the fetus. But, it was good because he was forced to acknowledge that he held somewhat conflicting positions on two different issues.
I just love the daylights out of you. Amen. I'm putting your blog post as my facebeook status.
great post!
You should apply for this:
http://everydaychristian.com/authors/blogger_app/
great post Leah! I totally agree.
YES! AMEN! Good work.
Leah! I found your blog and I love it! I especially love this post! I'm putting a link to your post on mine! Hope everything is going great for you!!
Post a Comment