Happy birthday to MATT!!!!! My wonderful man is a whopping 2-6 today, and it's freakin' me out a little bit. So far I am really good at celebrating Matt's bday.
I brought him breakfast tacos at work (and of course picked up 2 for myself). Then I brought him a fresh, fast, and healthy SUB from Thundercloud for lunch. Of course I also had to stop at Chick-Fil-A to pick up a chocolate milkshake for myself before dropping off the T-Cloud. (I generously gave him a sip since it's his birthday.) And next to celebrate my prince charming, I will go get hair hilites. (And btw, that's the way the salon spells "highlights" so I left it.)
You might remember that usually after any sort of a hair appointment, I like to drop by Matt's office to show off the new hair. You might also remember that Matt has learned to flatter me and tell me how much he likes it. If you are really bored, I suggest re-reading those linked posts - they reveal a lot about our marriage.
Anyway, Matt knew I had an appointment today, but forgot what time it was so when I dropped by his office with lunch, he immediately commented, "Did you get your hair done?" I should have said yes to see how he'd react, but I told the truth since it's his birthday.
Another conversation we had as I was dropping off his lunch:
Leah (in a really excited voice): "HEY! If we dress up like cows on July 10th, we get a free meal from chick-fil-a!!!"
Matt (laughing/in a did you really just suggest that tone of voice): "Ummm, okaaaaaaaaaay."
I couldn't tell if he was down for that or not. What do you think?
On another note, I saw my friend from college, and fellow bloggy friend, Allison, at Starbucks yesterday. I'm sure the first thought to fly through her brain when she saw me was something along the lines of, "Funny finding you here." But she's a regular too. Is it a problem that I knew what drink she was going to order just from following her blog? Probably.
Back to celebrating this historic day of birth. Matt's getting off early to go play golf for his birthday, and I was going to try to be a trooper and ride around in the cart with him in the 1000000 degree heat, but then he found 3 other people to go with him, so now there's no room in the cart, which means I will have to take a nap in my air-conditioned house instead. Let me tell you how disappointed I am.
Well, that's all for now. I will try to stay more up to date on the blog posts. In the meantime, Happy Bday Matt! Happy Bday USA!
2 comments:
For your sake, I'm just glad they got my drink right... it would have been embarrassing if I'd had to kick a barista's butt... oooooor just passive-aggresively complained about it after the fact.
Happy belated birthday to Matt!
Funny! How does your hair look?
Post a Comment