Well, Pam didn't have her baby yesterday, and neither did I. So much for my will. :) (Side note, when NBC advertises that a show is coming on "Thursday, after the Olympics," don't you think they should just say, Thursday, March 4th, after the Olympics?" It would be less confusing for all of us.)
Anyhow, this just means that Pam will have REALLY been pregnant for a long time. Cause for real, I found out I was pregnant in mid-June. She must have found out in May or earlier. If she can do it, I can.
Last night, I hopped on the treadmill and re-read several sections of "What to Expect When You're Expecting." There were points while reading when I was picturing our little baby boy coming into the world, and I'd get really excited and tear up and then look around to make sure no one saw the awkward look on my face. Anyway, I will be so relieved to put that book back on the bookshelf!
I have almost completely stopped calling people. I have wanted to talk to some friends, etc. but pretty much every time I call anyone they ask if I am in labor, and I guess it would just not be fair to call someone I don't speak to on a daily basis at this point in my life. (Even the daily basis people ask if I am in labor when I call.) My sister ended our phone conversation yesterday with, "Okay, well, call me when you're in labor." Okay? Does that mean if I am not in labor I shouldn't call? You only want to hear from me if I am having this baby? So I am exclusively texting.
Maybe tonight when I get up for my 1-2 AM bathroom break I will call everyone in my family. They'd for SURE think I was in labor. That would be so awesome! And cruel. Hahaha.
I'm hoping baby will hold out till Monday so my doctor can be the one to deliver him. Once again, God's good, pleasing and perfect will will prevail. In the meantime, I have some finishing touches to be done in his room and throughout the house.
Note: Title has nothing to do w/ post, but it's true.
4 comments:
Will you go ahead and have your baby already GEEZ! I am beginning to think you are having a sympathy pregnancy and all your pregnant belly really is is some weird water weight.
HENRY we want to seeeeeee You!
but if you do deliver over the weekend and dr cowan is on call...he could deliver him and he is AWESOME! :) praying for your endurance over the last few days...he'll be here so soon!
Maybe you should try texting "I'm going to call you but I'm not in labor" prior to dialing anyone you want to talk to in person.
I think it's funny that after weeks of wanting Henry to come out ASAP, you now want him to stay in the "oven" for a couple more days. ;)
I can't wait to see photos of your handsome boy!
Post a Comment