Friday, February 26, 2010

SOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Guess where I am???? El hospital!! And I couldn't be more thrilled. Matt, on the other hand, probably wishes he got more than 1.5 hours of sleep. Actually, I take that back... Matt is glad that he doesn't have to deal with me waking up another morning when I am NOT in labor. Which brings us to... STORY TIME.

So, the night before last (Wednesday night) I was having contractions (real ones, but not too painful) about 20 minutes apart ALL night long. They had actually started at about 3PM on Wednesday, so we (no, I) completely expected to be in active labor shortly. About 7:30 AM, after being up all night, my contractions just WENT AWAY! Talk about sucky. And I LOST it. I mean, I went ballistic.

I was constantly moaning and crying while managing to spit out such phrases as, "I can't do it anymore!" and "God, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!" and "I'm going to lose my mind!"

Matt, being the optimist that he is, tried to cheer me up. "It's okay, babe, at most you probably have only five more days!"

Ooooh, wrong comment. "I CAN'T EVEN GO ONE MORE DAY, DO YOU REALIZE HOW LONG FIVE DAYS IS?!!!!!??!?!?" I'm telling you, it was bad. My sister called Matt during my outburst because they were both going to go to the Total Conditioning class, and she heard me moaning in the background.

I mean, most of you might not understand, but being just one day late is SO excruciating. Even though you KNOW that it won't matter what day you deliver in about a week, you still just want the kid to be here.

And although you KNOW that God's timing is perfect, it doesn't mean you necessarily LIKE His timing... and if you say you do, you are probably a liar. Let's just say I got really honest with God. I think Matt thought JC was going to come down and give me a swift kick in the pants. Fortunately God is more gracious than Matt. (No offense, babe.) So all the sweet, true, positive comments about being patient were serving as excellent reminders, but I'll be honest... NOT what I wanted to hear. :)

Speaking of spankings. In my outburst, I may or may not have told Matt (shouting), "This kid is going to get a spanking as soon as he comes out of my belly!" (There might have been some bad words in there.) I am sorry Henry. No spankings today. You will get 100% pure mommy love today!

Anyway, God gave me the grace to get through yesterday. I started having real contractions around 3 PM yesterday. By 2:30 AM, I was feeling PRETTY uncomfortable, but still not sure I should call the doctor. I went ahead and called, and it was good because when I got here I was 5 cm dilated. I got my epidural at 6 cm, and I they just came in here and broke my water for me. So I'm thinking this little Henry dude will be here in less than 4 hours, but possibly sooner! (They said he is in a good position, and already very low down there, so hopefully pushing won't be so bad!)

If this post does not make sense or seems a little scattered, it is because I am scattered, and it has taken me since almost 5 AM to write it. (It is currently 8 AM.)

Okay! I have to go because I have stuff to DO! (Important stuff, like put on makeup, etc.) :)

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! (I know that's not how you spell it.)

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Great blog -- you are already an awesome mama :)

the blogivers said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Can't wait to see pictures :) Congrats!

Brittany said...

Hooray, Leah! Jessica filled me in this morning and I knew I had to check my reader. Praying for you this morning!

Tracy's Porch said...

WOOOHOOO!!!! So excited for you both! And as always, you keep me so entertained.

I'll be out and about today but hopefully Honey will call with good news while I am out!

ASuh said...

YAY Leah!!! I pray that labor goes well and Henry comes out happy and healthy! (BTW, send him to the nursery at night so you can sleep. You are not a bad mom to do this. You need rest and the nurses in the nursery are way experienced than you at this point in caring for a newborn so he's in great hands. That's my hospital advice.) :)

Rosalyn said...

Oh you make me laugh!! I'm so glad you posted I loved hearing you last 48 hour report!! Ok get busy in there we want to meet Henry!!!

Erin Mills said...

Leah!! I am so excited that the next post will HOPEFULLY have beautiful pictures attached to it. I can't wait to see him!!!

The Joiners said...

So exciting! Good luck, and welcome to baby Henry! :)

Andrea said...

WooHoo!!! Can't wait to meet him!

Mel said...

Congrats Granlittle!!! I TOTALLY feel your pain with the contractions, I went in to the hospital after having them all night and they told me I could be another week like that! Thankfully, I wasnt but still! Get ready for a wild, wonderful ride!