My kiddo likes the womb. Whenever people ask me how I am doing, my response is, "Good. Too good. In fact." There is literally NOTHING going on. I've started to consider ways to make it extremely uncomfortable in there for the little dude. Unfortunately, most of those things would also be uncomfortable for me (like not eating). Maybe I should just eat really disgusting, bitter stuff, so the amniotic fluid will taste bitter and he'll hurry the heck up. Ideas?
Anyway, want to know something I was NOT prepared for in pregnancy? Every time I call anyone in my family (or even friends), they answer the phone with, "Are you in labor?" or "You're not in labor are you?" Who can blame them. I guess it doesn't REALLY bother me, but if I go past my due date, it will bother me. I am going to have to hibernate till I am in labor. And don't worry, blog friends, you will all know when it's happening! I am not one to pass up an opportunity to post an exciting update via Facebook, Twitter, or Gibbizarre. :)
We got a surprise sonogram yesterday at the doctor's office because my fundal height measurement (the length of my uterus) had actually decreased 2 cm since the last visit. And, two weeks ago, the doctor estimated baby's weight to be 7 lbs. Yesterday, he ALSO thought he was 7 lbs. So, they did an ultrasound to make sure that there was enough amniotic fluid and to make sure that little baby was growing okay. And the result...
No drama. The kid is fine. He was breathing and sleeping... lazy kiddo, I'm telling you. The sonographer said something about waking him up. Seriously man, I am glad it's so peaceful in there, but you've got to find the high-achiever in you and start trying to find a way out. (Hint, it's DOWN.)
Dear mom, I am sorry I was born 2 days past my due date.
One more thing. Matt and I have been enjoying every last second together. We both feel like it's a bittersweet thing that it won't be just us anymore. I go to sleep a little sad every single night thinking that it could be the last night that it's just us. But I wake up every morning thinking, "Dang, I'm still pregnant."
The end.
P.S. Indecisive pregnant lady took the THIRD going home outfit BACK and has re-decided on the blue argile outfit.
4 comments:
your blog inspires me to start blogging again... well... maybe...
Haha you are crazy Leah! Why didn't I realize this when we were in college? Hope baby Henry comes SOON!
That baby will have the exact birthday that God intends for him to have. =) And God will give you the strength to make it to his birthday!
I think you should tell your friends via facebook and twitter that you'll only make a post on your blog when Henry is on his way. People will add you to their google readers and before you know it, the number of people following you will double. Genius.
Post a Comment