I was moderately convinced that I would be headed to the hospital this morning, but much to all of our chagrin, I am still pregnant. But we have hope for the near future, and that is what this post is about.
Did you know that studies have actually linked a drop in barometric pressure to spontaneous and/or premature rupture of the membranes (when a pregnant woman's water breaks)?
I actually heard this in early December bc a friend of ours (who was due a few weeks before me) had her water break prematurely and was sent to the hospital, eventually to receive an emergency C-Section. (Her baby is home now and doing well.) But anyway, the nurses told her that whenever there is a drop in barometric pressure that tons of pregnant women flood to the hospital. I sort of thought it was an old wives tale, but there is actually research to support it. Though some articles say there is not enough of a correlation to be clinically significant.
Anyway, to be clear. There is no correlation between the onset of LABOR (contractions) and drop in barometric pressure, but only between the water breaking and drop in barometric pressure. However, if your water breaks, then it's not really safe to leave the baby in there much longer, so you'll be having it soon.
This brings us to the forecast for the ATX. We are expecting rain and a cold front overnight tonight, and the weatherman JUST said very confidently that we will be seeing snow tomorrow, which is, not coincidentally, my due date. (For the record, we had highs in the 70s yesterday.) Can you say "low pressure system"?
Dear baby, God has EVEN allowed the atmosphere to do all it can to get you here ON your due date. Also baby, my doctor is on call tonight, so if you wanted to get this started now, I'd be cool with that. Your daddy can't wait to meet you! All of your grandparents and aunts and uncles and friends want to meet you. Your room is ready and we have lots of toys and blankets for you out here. And as much as I love feeling your little feet and elbows and butt move around inside my tummy, I'm ready to see them and hold you! And I know my blog readers do not want to read anymore pregnancy posts!
Okay, the end. See you on the flip side.
3 comments:
Ah, I woke up this am and immediately checked my phone for a text....Henry Gibson pleeeease come! Cute post!!!
Crossing my fingers, toes, etc. and hoping that baby Henry decides to make his debut SOON!
Lots of prayers for severe drops in barometric pressure tonight, as well as Henry deciding on his own to come.... then of course, for a safe delivery!! Can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment