Monday, September 27, 2010

My BIG 7 Month Old!

Henry turned 7 months yesterday! I cannot even believe it.  Here's a little update on my sweet fella!
  • Today for the first time, Henry lunged FORWARD when he tried to crawl!  He still moves backwards most of the time, but he is getting a lot stronger!  He gets up on all fours and rocks now, so I think it will be a week or two before he is actually crawling! 
  • Henry says "Baba," "dada," "gaga," "mmm," and a whole bunch of other babbling noises.
  • He laughs and grunts!  In fact, he is a social laugh-er.  If we laugh, then he laughs with us, even though he obviously doesn't know why we are laughing most of the time!
  • He still has the sweetest temperament and disposition.  Even when he is extremely tired and/or hungry (not that we'd ever let him get that way ;)), he rarely fusses.
  • The post surgery separation anxiety is gone for now, thank goodness, but we are still working on re-taking the bottle! And the post surgery mid-night wakings are also gone.
  • People still ALWAYS make comments about those big blue eyes!  Matt gets compliments about his eyes on a regular basis, so I guess Henry will be getting those comments for the rest of his life, too!
  • Our guess is that he weighs about 20.5 lbs.
  • He got his two bottom teeth right after his surgery, and I think he might be getting his top ones, but he never lets me look in his mouth, so it's hard to tell! :)
I just woke up!
Hangin' with my panda!
Being a full-time mommy is hard work, but I am so thankful that I am able to stay with him and see all of his "firsts."  I wouldn't trade it for anything! 

5 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

He is so precious!!!

Can he come over and teach Gracie to get up on her knees? She is sooo stubborn. She is just happy as can be to just roll to get to where she wants to go.

Honey said...

Oh, Sweet Henry, you are sooooo adorable. I loved talking on the computer with you...just can't wait until I can TOUCH you...in a few weeks! YOU ARE A SWEETHEART!!

sarah said...

he's such a cutetools patootles! i have no other words for it.

sarah said...

he's such a cuteools patootles. I have no other words to describe it.

Ruth Boyd said...

Love your blog! Henry is so adorable!