Ever since I got pregnant, Henry's naps got really regular. Actually, let me rephrase that. MY naps got really regular, and Henry didn't really have a choice. Crib or? Crib it is.
This extreme feeling of, "Oh my gosh I have to go to sleep right now, or I am going to fall asleep standing up," was wonderful in the sense that I FINALLY had the motivation I needed to let Henry learn to fall asleep in his crib during nap time by crying it out. (Forgive me if I have already told you this before because it's very possible that mom brain + pregnant brain = stories told multiple times, even on a blog.)
In that first two weeks of CIO, he might have actually cried for two hours straight, but I had no idea because I slept through it all. Unconsciousness is bliss.
Anyway, I thought this whole nap thing would go away after the first trimester, so I could actually get some stuff done. But I have pretty much slept every single weekday that I can remember. Here's my little confession though...
I NEVER know how long Henry's naps have lasted. He always wakes up before me. There are days where I am pretty sure he got a dirty diaper like 15 minutes into his nap and didn't sleep at all, but just cried the entire time that I slept. Based on how he was acting yesterday afternoon, he might not have slept more than 30 minutes. I think this happens 2 out of 5 days of the week. Bad momma!
But today I woke up before him! And now he's awake. So I gotta go get the guy. Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment