Tuesday, July 5, 2011

why Matt thinks I'm crazy

So you know how I've been working out like a freak show?

The other day I said to Matt, "Babe, I'm getting nervous.  I don't feel like my stomach is getting any bigger.  I wish that it was getting bigger, then I would know the baby was okay."  (Mind you, this comment was like 2 days after I went to the doctor and heard the heartbeat - never mind that it took intern nurse like 999 hours to find the heartbeat.)

He laughed and rolled his eyes.  "You are unbelievable."

Clearly, we don't have to go any further here. Obviously it doesn't make sense that I want my stomach to be huge and everything else on my body to be small.  Well that does make sense, but it wasn't all making sense to Matt when I was just spouting it out.

Anyway, so I was having these strange dumb dumb feelings like my stomach wasn't getting bigger, then therefore the child must not be growing, therefore something must be wrong.  So......

I prayed that God would help me feel the baby moving.  Cause up to that point I thought I might have felt it move but I wasn't really sure.  It's a big difference the movement at 40 weeks and the movement at 17 weeks.  And, surprise!  HE DID!  Last night on the 4th of July, I felt a lot of movement. Yay!

Also...  Just thought I'd share another funny interaction Matt and I had last night.  (This actually happens a lot.)

Leah: Laugh out loud to herself.
Matt:  What are you laughing at?
Leah: Nothing - I'm just hilarious.  Continue laughing.

Okay so probably not funny to you, but I think it's hilarious. Obviously.  I know Matt thinks it's super-annoying because my dad does it all the time (laughs at his own jokes, thinks he is funnier than everyone else thinks he is), and we (kids) all usually just roll our eyes at him (lovingly).  Apparently that trait runs in the family.

And if you really want to know, I was laughing at some comments I had written on Matt's Facebook wall (my own jokes).

1 comment:

the blogivers said...

You are a funny gal, and I would like to be a fly on the wall at your house :)