There are times when I literally feel like I need my mom to come over and make decisions on my behalf like she did when I was two. "No sweetie, you've already had enough cake today." "No, it really wouldn't be wise of you to get addicted to another reality TV show. Maybe you should read a book instead." "Maybe don't keep a package of peanut butter M&Ms in the pantry." And "We really shouldn't spend money on that right now."
Seriously. Henry doesn't know how good he has it... how unloving would it be if I gave him everything he wanted all the time? He'd be one really messed up adult.
Today, my awesome friend Ashley, totally spoiled our mom's group with two different kinds of really delicious cake. Then she spoiled us further by sending home some of the leftovers. So I ate two pieces of cake when I was hanging out with my mom friends this morning, and then when I got home... well, yes, I ate the THIRD piece of cake. And we are talking like full sized pieces of cake with really rich icing.
These are the times when I kind of just would like an authority figure to be there saying, "You're gonna get a tummy ache and your blood sugar is gonna spike and then plummet rendering you USELESS for the rest of the afternoon." Actually, let's be honest - I don't need an authority figure to tell me that. I KNOW that. I need an authority figure to rip the cake out of my hands and save me from my destructive little self. Hahaha.
While I know I could make this post deep and meaningful, you know, by teaching you about the authority of Jesus and the role of my awesome hubby and analyzing my childish behavior (and trust me, I've thought it through)... my brain is not really up for the task of trying to write it all out. Deep thinker. Shallow writer.
HAPPY TUESDAY. And Happy Birthday to my favorite brother!
No comments:
Post a Comment