I have an unspoken motto that I sort of live by. And that is- Why do something when a machine can do it for you? (I guess that motto is now officially "spoken.")
Why wash your car by hand if you can drive through a car wash? Why scrub a pot if it fits in the dishwasher? And the latest... Why spot clean your 5X8 rug when you can make it fit in the washing machine?
The thing about kids and carpet and/or rugs is that if they spill something on it, or color all over it with their markers, or if you spill your coffee on it... you have to be vigilant about getting that mess up. You have to drop everything and clean it up. Matt and I got a cheap (but cute) rug sometime in January. It is now mid May, and let's just say I had skipped a couple dozen spot cleaning opportunities.
I had been entertaining the idea of putting it in the washing machine for weeks. I asked Matt what he thought and he said he didn't think it would fit. I knew it would fit, but I thought it could unravel or something. But, since I live by the previously mentioned motto, and the spots all over it were starting to bother me, I went ahead and stuck it in the washer. I know, I know... such a risk taker!
But it gets better. Had it not been raining outside, I probably would have let it hang to dry on the deck out back. But it was raining... and let's be honest, trying to find something to hang it on may have been a little more work than I was willing to put into it. Soooooo...
Into the dryer you go, rug. Two runs through the dryer and... wait for it...
Yeah, so in case you couldn't tell... that rug pad is supposed to be SMALLER than the rug. Or, as Matt would say... our 5X8 rug is now a 3X5. But it's a very clean 3X5!!
So, let's be honest. Matt loses something every now and then. Big deal. My record is stacked up against me. I win the airhead award!
In other news, to say Matt is excited about the weather right now - well that would be a severe understatement!
1 comment:
Hey, no problem, all you have to do is trim the rug pad down!
Post a Comment