Tuesday, May 15, 2012

his wife could eat no lean...

So after the last post, I'm sure you guys are all wondering what happened with my little "my fitness pal" endeavor.

Here's what happened: Nursing a child.

Yeah.  The same thing happened with Henry.  Basically, rapid and awesome weight loss until I get to about seven pounds above what I consider normal... then I can eat the right amount of calories all day long, but that self-discipline results in not enough milk for the babes.  So it's either lose weight and use formula or hang onto weight and nurse him.  Since I'm pretty much the only person in the world who cares that I weigh seven pounds more than normal, I've chosen the latter... at least for another month-ish.

The upside to this is that it seems like I can't really gain weight either.  Literally, I can almost eat anything and maybe fluctuate one or two pounds... I think the extra calories typically result in extra milk.  Sam is cool with that.

Anyway, if I'm being honest, I don't particularly love eating healthy.  It works out. 

On that note, we read to Henry from a nursery rhyme book of his. Wait, why don't I just show you...


Matt was reading that to Henry the other night and he (jokingly, Ladies) said, "Look Henry, that's mommy and daddy!"  A little true.  And just in case I get in trouble for posting that picture, I should note that the illustrator's name is Hannah Wood.

1 comment:

jen said...

not too long after we got married gregg painted this picture for our bedroom with 2 birds. i asked why 1 bird was slightly shorter and plumper than the other and he responded "that's the girl bird." um, really?

you can read about that here if you are bored http://www.jenmall.blogspot.com/2008/11/love-birds.html