There have been no shortage of airhead moves by me in the last five months. No shortage. Like you all know I can't find my car keys. But on top of that, I've "lost" the milk by putting it in the freezer. I have tried to teach Henry his letters, but accidentally drew a "J" backwards. I borrowed a bottle warmer from a friend and returned it to her, apologizing because I thought I had broken it... only to have her plug it in RIGHT in front of me, press a button and BOOM - it worked. (I didn't know you had to press a button.)
But apparently Matt still wins the airhead award in our family.
He's been looking for the mailbox key since Monday. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "I have no idea where it could be." Retracing his steps. Etc. He checked to make sure he didn't leave it in the mailbox. He rummaged through my purse and my car. He rummaged through the strollers, his desk, etc. And apparently he emptied out his glove compartment at least ten times looking for this key. So today he gets home from work and says, "On Saturday, I am going to go to the post office and see what I can do about getting a new mail key." This is all really funny, ESPECIALLY if you know my husband well.
Since I had only put about .02 seconds worth of effort into finding this key, I decided to do a little investigating and see if I could find it... you know, before he wasted his time and our Saturday trying to get a new one. "Where did you have it last?" I asked. "In my car, on the way home from the park."
So, I grab his keys, head out to the car, and then come back in the house two seconds later. Literally, like two seconds (okay maybe 30). "ARE YOU KIDDING ME, MATT?"
Matt says, "NO WAY, YOU FOUND THE KEY. NO WAY!" And then he looks in disbelief as I hold the key up between my thumb and index finger. VICTORY.
I kid you not, it was in his glove compartment on the very top of everything else, in plain view... I did not have to even move anything out of the way to find it. I basically spotted it the second I opened the door to the car.
I needed a confidence booster today. This was it. Thanks babe.
2 comments:
Love these stories :)
Ya'll are both "The Bomb...Diddy Bomb"
Post a Comment