Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I have a disorder called bruxism. Haha.

Two ways to know it's summer.

1. The AC war has officially begun.  I set the AC schedule so that it is constantly set to 74, only to have Matt change it so it is constantly set to 75... You'd think I wouldn't notice that one degree, but oh, I notice.  And, I know people who want their (AAAH I originally had that word as "THERE" = so humiliating!) house at 68, so come on babe, throw me a bone here! 74? Not bad.  Matt also likes to pump the AC up to like 78 when we leave the house...

2. I sweat stinkin' bullets when I walk outside and I'm not exaggerating.  I sweat like a mad woman.  My dermatologist said that means I have a high metabolism?  I had NEVER heard that before, but she's a dermatologist so shouldn't I believe her?

On that note, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I DO have a high metabolism because based purely on the way I eat ALONE, I should probably weigh at least 30 more pounds than I do.  I am not kidding people.  I can pack down some food - some good food. Anyway, I'm not bragging.  I'm what they call "skinny fat" and I'm pretty sure I could successfully teach a course called, "How to Be Skinny Fat 101."  Okay, enough about that.

Next.  I have a dentist appointment tomorrow, and I seriously just absolutely hate going to the dentist, as I explained here and here. (Rabbit trail - those posts were from the glory days... I had 13 comments on one of those bad boys! That hasn't happened in ages.)  Anyway...I rescheduled my original appointment from a month ago, and then I was very close to rescheduling tomorrow's, but I figured let's just get this thing over with for cryin out loud.  One thing I guaranteeeeeeeeee will happen, and I am already just a TAD bit anxious about it.  Dentist is going to ask me if I've been wearing my mouth guard.  And guess what!  The answer = NO.  I lost it while I was pregnant (not that I looked too hard), and by the time I found it again, my teeth had shifted and it hurt to wear it, and I should have gone and got it re-fitted at that point, but I didn't so now I have to face the wrath of dentist tomorrow.  I'm fully expecting a guilt trip. Ugh.  I'll be feeling better when it's over.

Sometimes I just wonder if I could get an epidural in my mouth... it would be a little bit of a problem as far as eating, talking, swallowing, smiling, and looking like a normal human being goes... but I mean, my jaw just naturally clenches down.  I have to concentrate to UN-CLENCH it!!  That's a problem my friends... let's get me on some tranquilizers, some muscle relaxers... Okay, so I just googled "clenching jaw" and found this article.  Apparently this is a SLEEP DISORDER called bruxism and it's a learned behavior... interesting to me though because Henry is TWO and he already grinds his teeth.  (Poor guy.)  You gonna tell me my two year old has subconscious stress?  I guess it's not impossible.  That article is scary... apparently I should take my recurring dream where all my teeth fall out seriously??

Well there's more than you ever wanted to know about me.  Here's to me MAYBE learning my lesson and wearing my night guard from here on out.  I'll wear it tonight so when dentist asks I can just say, "I wore it last night." :) Ha.

3 comments:

KD said...

ha! I love that you called your old posts glory days. You're funny.
I had a night guard too and I had to tell the dentist my dog ate it. Which she really did, it's not just a "dog ate my homework excuse!" That convo did not go well.

The Joiners said...

As you might have learned from my blog, I just recently "developed" bruxism thanks to this lovely season I'm currently experiencing known as infertility. BLAH! Hope your appointment goes well!!

Courtney Squillante said...

Ant is the SAME way with the AC! Probably because he's gone all day!!