I have this black shirt I got at Banana Republic probably about 5 years ago. It is wonderful and stretchy and best of all, BLACK. I have worn it through about week 30 in BOTH pregnancies. I wear it multiple times a week when I am pregnant AND when I am not pregnant... it is perfect. It stretches, but it always goes back to it's normal shape. It can be dressed up or dressed down. It is forgiving for a mama who has had two kids. It flatters my broad-shouldered figure. A few years back, the shirt got some holes, no big deal - I wear a black camisole underneath. It is my wardrobe crutch. My bad habit. My uniform. But I won't lie, it's starting to look a little shabby. It needs to be retired... Multiple times it has gone to the goodwill pile. Just as many times it has come out. It has also gone to the pajama drawer... only to be hung back up in the closet with the rest of the team.
 |
| Me in my uniform. I hate this pic of myself btw. And don't you dare tell me I'm vain. I am well aware thankyouverymuch. |
 |
| Here's me wearing the same shirt after Henry's surgery... notice the camisole underneath, ignore the white nursing bra, lack of makeup and general yuckiness of this photo... as you can see, my child had just had surgery. |
But if we're being honest... I actually have TWO
additional black shirts that also refuse to die. One was purchased after Henry was born at Nordstrom Rack- not too bad, and I wore it throughout my last pregnancy, but so much that it almost has a permanent "I've been worn too many times" smell. (That one is not pictured.)
The other one? Also from Banana, and I've literally had it since my Junior year of college. Literally. Since 2004. Almost 9 years, and I probably wore it twice a week this past winter (long sleeved). That is value, people. If only I had known, I would have purchased 10 of them.
 |
| That's me in the middle, on New Years 2005, looking much younger, but wearing the same black shirt that I still own and wear... | |
|
|
 |
| Me in the same shirt, Christmas 2010. |
I have often times considered getting rid of them JUST so I wouldn't have the wardrobe crutch, but alas have not been able to bring myself to do it...
Do you have clothes, items, bad habits that you can't part with or am I the only weirdo around here?
4 comments:
yes. i have a stretchy green skirt that i bought about 9 years from target. i wore A LOT with this last pregnancy. it's worn thin and i'm pretty sure it's see through at this point but who cares about that when it's 105 degrees and you are 6 months pregnant? not me.
Ain't no shame in that game. You already know from my posts that I can't let go of my pj pants, and they are hideous!
YES YES YES!! I have so many from years back. I like to just tell myself, "They sure don't make clothes like they used to." :)
I can't decide if I like the one of you posing in front of a stack of storage containers or the NYE pic better...
I end up keeping all of my old clothes too, thinking I might want to wear some of them again one day, when in reality I will end up wearing none of them b/c I wear tshirts just about everyday.
Post a Comment