Wednesday, July 25, 2012

this one's for me (child update)

With the hustle and bustle of getting our house on the market, I haven't take the time to slow down and record what's going on with my sweet, growing, developing BOYS! And if I don't record it, I will forget it, so that's what this is...

Sam is a CRAZY BOY.  One, he is way hyper and interested in EVERYTHING going on!  He is still a loud cryer, and will literally be hammin' it up one minute and screaming his head off the next - it's like "BOOM!  I'm hungry mom, and there's no going back!  I want bottle NOW!"  But he's so distracted... usually like 1 minute into his bottle he wants to put it down and start crawling after something.

He started WAVING!  It is so adorable!  Of course we thought it was a fluke at first, but then I noticed he was really doing it when people come and go.  So fun!  He is also getting AROUND.  I had a dream last night that he just started walking on his own... not quite happening, but the kid is SO stable...  he has "cruised" on furniture, but not really cruised, more like just taken a step or two, usually to get to something he wants!  (Can't believe he's going to be 8 months old in two weeks-ish.)

He tumbles ALL the time... bangs his head and gets up like nothing ever happened.  Poor Henry is gonna have to get tough before long - just so he can deal with his tough bro.

Fun story... TWICE NOW, Sam has snagged Henry's peanut butter sandwich... the first time, he didn't get any in his mouth, but it was all over his hands... The second time, that PB sandwhich was IN HIS MOUTH. Yikes.  Mom of the year.

Next... Henry update!

Henry is just talking our ears off and surprising us everyday with the things he says- it kind of makes me sad that I can't remember some of it, but he is sounding like a little person!  Bittersweet.  (I'll have to write a post completely devoted to the little things he says, but it will take some remembering/recording for that to happen.)

He also had enough of pee-peeing on the potty... as soon as we stopped freaking out and overly praising him after each time, he was over it...  We will probably try potty training before the summer is over.

He still goes in and out of separation anxiety phases, which - not gonna lie, can sometimes make life hard on this mama (read: I do not like it).  We learned he does not like change... he LOVED going to his Sunday school class, and then they switched the classes up and he got moved to a new room, and he C.R.I.E.D.  He definitely has some security that comes from his routine and when that's messed, he starts to unravel a little... I think he is feeling insecure while we are packing up our house right now... He's following me around and clinging a lot.  Hoping that we can get him feeling more secure by the time he's off to preschool in the fall. :)


Kiddo LOVES to sing.  He sings to himself (which is kinda like Matt) all the time.  ABCs, Muffin Man, Frosty the Snowman, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves the little children, Twinkle Twinkle, and to top it all off "Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Chelle Ray. :)

That's way more than enough for now.

2 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

I love reading about what they are up to! So cute!!

rebecca said...

Please dont ever stop blogging leah - it has provided much entertainment while nursing. :) thanks for sharing it with me, you have a real talent for writing. The kid updates are so fun, and you are also encouraging in your more raw and honest posts about what you are learning through the gospel-