Friday, March 13, 2009

Familial Fridays: It's Brooke!


Meet my lovely older sister, Brooke. We have such a history that I don't know where to begin. For starters, Brooke just turned the big "3-0" in December, and is about to give birth to her second boy. Her first kid, Peej, is almost as strong-willed as she is, so hopefully for everyone's sake the second one will be a little more even keel.

When we were younger, Brooke had a reputation in the family that resulted in two fitting nicknames: 1- "The Princess of Quite A Lot" and 2- "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong." (Of course we have all recently learned that I can't be wrong, either, but this is news to me.) Brooke has always been aware of her unwillingness to back down and admit failure, but she'd probably tell you that she hardly ever needs to admit failure because she's always right. Case in point. So here's a pointer: don't get in an argument with her. You will lose. Even if you don't lose, she won't admit that you won.

Indeed she is The Princess of Quite A Lot, having both a natural ability and a willingness to work hard at things. I still find myself wanting to brag about what a good dancer she is/was. This was her main forte in high school and college. She was a world famous Kilgore College Rangerette officer and even got her pretty face on a billboard somewhere in the middle-of-nowhere East Texas. We should have known she'd be kicking her face as an adult because when she was a child she would put both legs all the way behind her head, put her hands on the floor in front of her, and walk... sort of creepy, but when it's your older sister it's automatically cool.

She's also very intelligent and has been told how intelligent she is since she could talk. So instead of bragging about it and proving it to you, you can just take my word for it. She uses her brain to be an accountant... and to find new information on wikipedia.

Seriously, Brooke will wikipedia ANYTHING and everything that she is interested to know. And instead of just reading the information for herself, she finds it necessary to let everyone else in the room know what she is learning. We appreciate the education...

Brooke's also quick-witted and she's gotten even more witty since she married Peter. This is being passed down to her impressionable two-year-old child, whom you have read about before.

"Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters." I'm not sure if my favorite memory with Brooke is the time that I slapped her during the Easter Service at our church (like only 3 yrs ago) or the time she accidentally slammed my finger in the door when I was in 6th grade? And yet, despite the cat-fights we are still love each other and are probably much more alike than either of us is willing to admit. :)

Really, if you want to know more about her, or if you think you are like her, you should read her "ENTJ" personality profile.

And just in case there is any misunderstanding, she does have a sweet/sensitive side. As the personality profile says, "Although ENTJs are not naturally tuned into other people's feelings, these individuals frequently have very strong sentimental streaks."

I love my sister!

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

Your sister sounds a lot like Amanda :)

The Joiners said...

Ha ha I figured Allison might say that. I did want to mention that "Little Miss Can't be Wrong" was the background music that played during my "growing up" portion of our Rehearsal Dinner video...

Your sis sounds like a cool cat :)

Honey said...

Perfectly written...although you could've said that when she ws not quite 2 1/2 she said to her mom, "Beck, time to change my dipe. I'm wet."