Hi [District Manager],
I am a frequent customer at 4-5 different Starbucks locations in Austin, and I just wanted you to know that I love the staff at both the Great Hills location and the Parmer and McNeil location.
I would like to bring to your attention, though, that the room temperature at the Parmer and McNeil location is uncomfortably chilly. Since I come to Starbucks to get work done [or blogging, or pleasure reading], I usually stay awhile.
I have often avoided the Parmer/McNeil location due to the temp inside the store, which is a shame because the employees are very pleasant. I was in the store awhile back, when another customer asked for the temperature to be adjusted, and the employees seemed to ignore the request.
With warm weather around the corner, most customers will probably be dressed to stay cool, but if it is too cold inside, customers will not want to stay. I believe that keeping the temperature comfortable and not too cold will promote longer visits= more refills, more money.
On a whole, I am very satisfied with Starbucks service and the friendliness of the staff, but I think you would benefit to change this one thing.
Thanks,
Leah Gibson
Well, the district manager responded to me, and today, after forgetting that I wrote that e-mail, I walked in and immediately noticed that the temperature was much more pleasant. My next thought was, "I hope that district manager didn't use my name..." (Because the lovely employees usually know the names of all frequent visitors. It's their job.)
But seriously, I think the scariest part about all of this is that I frequent Starbucks enough to feel like I have a legitimate right to voice my complaints. Matt doesn't know about this story yet, but I have a feeling I am going to face persecution from him after he checks his Google Reader tonight.
2 comments:
My sister was at the Starbucks that day (the freezing day). She thought she saw you, but since she's only met you twice wasn't quiet sure. But then she was looking on my blog list and poking around and came across this. I was pretty amused. And she's thankful you voiced your opinion. :)
that makes me so happy! 1- that somehow someone out there cared about this post. 2- that someone else was cold too. :) I didn't see your sister though!
Post a Comment