Tuesday, March 10, 2009

is there a starbucks fast in my future?

Have you ever legitimately believed that you were about to have a heart attack?

The other morning, I woke up around 5am, and my heart seemed to be pounding or beating faster than normal.

First thought, "Am I about to have a heart attack?"

Next, "What did I eat yesterday?"

"Two Rudy's breakfast tacos for breakfast, a hamburger for lunch, and two pieces of pizza for dinner... oh and I had a buttered popcorn at the movie theater the night before that..."

That was all it took for me to spring out of bed and hightail it to the refrigerator where I frantically reached for a handful of organic raw spinach and stuffed it in my face. Next, I shoved a handful of raw almonds in there, and I peeled open a grapefruit and ate that, too. Deep Breath...

Think to self, "Okay, maybe the healthy food I just shoved in my body will counteract all the junk I had in the last 36 hours and I won't have a heart attack/God, please make the healthy food work..."

But just to add caution, I made some organic green tea, too.

I am aware that this entire scenario is highly irrational, especially the green tea.

Maybe I should just lay off the caffeine?

1 comment:

Honey said...

Did it make your heart stop pounding?