Saturday, March 28, 2009

the quotable Leah

Leah and I were at Rudy's this morning and she said something that we should all find amazing.

I was enjoying my breakfast taco, when Leah suddenly confessed, "I think if we redo the budget, I might have to start making coffee at home."

(Note: Leah has high aspirations for creating a really good budget but struggles with the whole keeping it part. This is similar to her Lent undertaking.)

My response was, "Well, you'll budget it that way, but you probably won't do it..."

She replied, "I knowwww. You don't understand. If I drank coffee at home all day, then I would never get to see people, and I'd get so bored."

She went on to explain, "You see, you're lucky. You get to see people when you go to work. And for me, going to Starbucks is like going to work."

For Leah, going to Starbucks is like going to work. If only all of us could live in her world.

4 comments:

Brad and Katrina said...

Leah- when we first moved to Austin and I wasn't teaching, I would go to the library just to see people. I totally understand.

the blogivers said...

Haha I'm also with Leah! Being home alone all day with no one to talk to is depressing... Starbucks is necessary.

Leah said...

Haha. I guess the difference is that both of you guys were/are actually trying to work/find work. I just pretend that I am working. :) But I love the support.

Honey said...

Matt, I'm glad that you had a chance to blog about Leah...pretty cute!