Tuesday, July 14, 2009

advice to husbands with pregnant wives

I know I should really be spreading the pregnant stories out, but I just can't wait. Enjoy.

Over the weekend, I thought my stomach was starting to look different. (This is where you ignore the last few posts about how much saturated fat I have been eating.) But seriously, it didn't just look fat, it was a hard fat, a pregnant fat.

So I said to Matt, "Look! I think I'm showing!"

Matt looks and responds doubtfully, "Ummm no, I don't think you're showing."

Mars-Venus translation:
"Darling, I think that's the Freebird's Burrito you just downed, not our raspberry-sized fetus."

(Whatever! My uterus is the size of a grapefruit!)

Men, when in doubt, your wife is showing.

3 comments:

emmy-lou said...

YOU'RE PREGNANT?!?!?!?!?!!? wooooohoooooo I'm soooooo happy for y'all!!!! yay yay yay.

Annie said...

Love the new blog layout! :)

Mike said...

Been meaning to leave a comment for some time now saying congrats on the pregnancy and that it was good seeing you and Matt at Kristi and Blake's wedding.

Andrea and I will be praying for you guys!