Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Gibbizarre is justified.

Well, in only a matter of months we will be saying goodbye to our DINK status and our blog will be justified because...

(Notice the faint line on the very top one.)

(And you thought I was slacking over here at Gibbizarre. Au contraire, mon frère.)

I think you get the picture, but in case you need some help interpreting... I am preggers!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's only taken 6 pregnancy tests over the course of almost 8 weeks to convince me.

The very first test I took barely detected the pregnancy hormone, as you can see above. I took the test, and immediately the "not pregnant" line came up, so I threw the test in the trash and moved on.

About 5 minutes later I went back to the trash can, picked the test out of the trash to double check, and that's when I noticed a very faint line at which point I screamed - since I knew that a false positive was highly unlikely. At which point Matt ran to the bathroom to ask what the problem was. At which point I told him there were two lines on my pregnancy test. At which point he asked what that meant. At which point I told him. At which point he realized that this should be a special moment and so he gave me a hug.

Since I haven't really gotten sick (unless extreme hunger and exhaustion counts), I wake up some days and wonder if I am still pregnant. The result of this uncertainty is the aforementioned 6 completed pregnancy tests. Don't worry, the last 2 or 3 were like cheap HEB brand tests.

Matt has forbidden me from purchasing any more tests, and so unless something drastic happens I am going to assume that I am still in fact pregnant.

We've known since June 14th, but we just started telling the world last week. I will go to the doctor on July 24th, and according to my impeccable calculations I will be 8 weeks along on Wednesday.

No fear, I already have tons of stories, and I promise you'll be entertained for several weeks to come.

14 comments:

ASuh said...

Welcome to a whole new world :) Glad that your blog finally has a point to it - ha ha ha

Congratulations!!

Angela

Steph said...

yay leah! congratulations!!!! you and matt will LOVE being parents :)

the blogivers said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So exciting :) Can't wait to hear all about your adventures of being pregnant! And if you start craving cupcakes, just let me know ;)

dreamingBIGdreams said...

Congrats!!!!
You are cracking me up with all these tests!

:)Jamie

Tracy's Porch said...

I can't believe you took tat many tests. That is hilarious!

I am so thrilled for you both.

Brad and Katrina said...

YAY! Congratulations Leah! Let's get together soon. :)

Brittany said...

Leah - that's so exciting! Can't wait to read all about your pregger adventures!

Erin Mills said...

CONGRATULATIONS GIBSONS!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys. what a blessing! Yay for babies!!!!!!

Annie said...

CONGRATULATIONS LEAH AND MATT!!! Wow, and here I was missing your blog and thinking you really WERE slacking! Now I feel really bad! :) Can't wait for the stories to come! You will be such a good mom! I don't know Matt well, but I'm sure he'll be a great dad! :)

Amber said...

Congratulations!!! Such exciting news! Get ready for a wild ride. ;)

Andrea said...

YEA!! Congratulations to you both! And I, too, cannot wait to read about all your pregnancy adventures! :)

The Joiners said...

So exciting!! Can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy and parenting adventures :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Hooray for more Gibsons!

Sarah Coker said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I get for not reading blogs for 4 days...I JUST found this out?!?!?!?!?!

YEA YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA MATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you going to name your baby Sarah Coker? No pressure.