Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ballooning

I still don't know how I'm just suddenly supposed to be okay with packing on pounds. Your whole life, the world tells you to be skinny, and then one day you're just supposed to embrace weight gain. Sorry, no embracing over here.

In addition to this, all the pregnancy books say that you should probably gain no more than 3 - maybe 4 - pounds in your first trimester, and many times women who deal with bad morning sickness will even lose weight in the first 3 months...

Meanwhile, I still have another month to go in Trimester #1, and the scale has reached earth-shattering highs- waaaaaay more than 3 or 4 pounds. Uggh BARF.

Speaking of barf. My hunger-induced nausea has not gone away, so I'm really not sure if I can do anything about this dilemma besides keeping the pantry stocked while staying away from McDonald's and Coca Cola. Sigh.

Hey! Maybe I'm having twins? (Insert "no you've just eaten like an elephant for the last 6 weeks" comment here.)

But if you will remember from this post, I do think it would be nice to kill two birds with one "pregnancy" stone. I suppose we will find out on Friday.

Note: I don't really think I am having twins. The end. P.S. I can't spell. The end.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Slimbie, I'm glad you're posting your pregnancy idiosyncrasies I mean experiences here. I feel like one day, many many many many years from now, I won’t need to buy any pregnancy books but will use your blog archive as my sole source of knowledge. No pressure.

Tracy's Porch said...

I'm feeling your pain. You can never tell what will happen during pregnancy. With Ashley, I lost weight the first trimester. This time around, I gained 5 pounds the first tri-mester. Whatever. I'm too exhausted to worry about it ;-)

Can't wait to hear about your appiontment. That would be so cool if you had twins!

Honey said...

You're beautiful...you don't need to worry about any of that!