1. "Hungry like the wolf." (Duran Duran)
So I had a conversation with a friend at church yesterday that went something like this.
Friend: So how are you feeling?
Leah: Fine, I am just hungry ALL THE TIME.
Friend: But your not nauseous or anything?
Leah: Well, only when I'm hungry.
My solution to this problem is to never get the slightest bit hungry.
Yesterday I hit up the McDonald's drive through on the way to church. I had plans to order the somewhat healthier Egg McMuffin with no cheese or anything, but when it was time to spout the order, pregnant Leah took over and ordered a Sausage Biscuit and an orange juice.
Let's just say taking prenatal vitamins is probably going to be a good idea.
Also Matt told me I was going to have to "reign in the cravings."
2. "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired." (Candle by White Tie Affair)
Last Wednesday I literally was awake for only 3 hours between 12:01am and 4:45pm. At 4:45 I woke up, stayed awake till about 10:00pm, and went back to sleep for an entire night without waking up. The 3 hours I was awake were not consecutive. In between my naps I ate, read, and tried to go to the gym but to no avail.
I can't say most other days have looked much different. On Friday I woke up for breakfast with a friend, fell asleep till lunch, then woke up around 4:30 to get ready for dinner.
So I'm not sick, but I'm so tired that it feels like I have mono... so I might as well be sick is all I'm sayin'. August 12th is the end of the 1st trimester, and I am looking forward to it.
3. "I wish it would rain down." (Phil Collins)
This one has nothing to do with pregnancy, but everything to do with the fact that if we have another 100+ degree day here in Austin I'm afraid the entire city might actually burn.
Our grass is dying. Our electricity bills are not going to be pretty and neither are our water bills. And the lake might actually be empty if we don't get some serious rain by the end of the summer.
I would not be disappointed if it rained all day, every day, from today all the way till the end of September. And of course Matt is getting really bored with the forecast these days.
So tell me, what songs describe your life right now?
6 comments:
I'm going to go with "Under Pressure" by David Bowie/Queen. This house stuff is a lot of work!
I craved sausage biscuits from mcdonalds during both pregnancies :)
Allison, thanks for busting out David Bowie! Angela, that's awesome. I have a feeling the first one will not be my last. Today I've been craving McDonald's chicken nuggets. :)
Congrats you guys! I check your blog occasionally (it's really pretty hilarious!) and had no idea that you guys were pregnant! Congrats again and good luck with the ravenous hunger and urge to sleep for days on end.
I don't have any songs, but thanks for the McDonald's craving. My cellulite really appreciates you thinking of it.
i'm really enjoying all the crazy pregnant woman posts lately. i'm in RN school now and we just happened to be studying maternity right now. so reading your blog is kind of educational too! besides being freaking hilarious. i just wish you weren't SO PRETTY on top of everything. congratulations!!!!
Post a Comment