Sometimes I wonder how long I could possibly make the title to my posts.
Pimp My Ride
So, my birthday present from Matt and from other people who sent me checks is to get tinted windows in my car! I got them tinted this morning, and I am so excited about it! I feel like I have all this privacy now- like my car is my own little world! When I told my friend that's what I was getting for my bday, she looked at me with pity and said, "We are so old." It's true. That happens to be the same friend who drives a minivan. ;)
Correction
In one of my previous posts, I had written that baby boy would be back to normal by the 2nd day after his surgery, which is false. So I just wanted to throw that out there.
I have come across so many other blogs/facebook friends with pictures of kids who have had the same surgery that Henry will have. It is such a blessing that we can know what to expect. On about the second or third day, his head will swell a whole lot and his eyes will turn purple and swell shut, which I've read will be very frustrating for him (and therefore, us) because he will want to see what's going on. After the third or fourth day, the swelling starts to go down and he can open his eyes again. By the end of nine or ten days, most parents say that they feel like their baby is completely normal again! Amazing.
I read one mom's blog entry, which talked about how emotional it was to hand her baby over to the surgeon when that time arrived. I can imagine... that will be the next hurdle for us. Right now, we're just waiting, trying to solidify the surgery date and dates for his Procrit injections, and watching the little guy grow and learn!
Other New Mom Insanity
I thought this would have gone away by now, but every time I pass the hospital (multiple times a day) where Henry was born, I get nostalgic thinking about all of my doctor's appointments and the day that he was born. In my memory it was all so fun! Then I start thinking it would be so fun to do it all again! What is my problem? What am I smoking? Perhaps it's my addictive, all or nothing personality. Or the postpartum hormones. Fortunately for all of us those same hormones make it highly unlikely for me to get knocked up right now. The end.
1 comment:
- I like tinted windows too.
-We have been praying for Henry (and yall too.)
-That's what you think. We got knocked up three months in. :) This time I know, breastfeeding is not birth control.
We miss yall.
Post a Comment