If you only know me through this blog, then you probably can tell that I am not exactly "laid back." I mean, if you read, you know that I tend to be a little feisty, I am a little bit of a control freak, and I don't really go with the flow...
But, if you know me in real life, and you don't read this blog (so, none of you), then most likely, you are under the (pretty much false) impression that I am cool, calm, and collected. I don't know why. People seriously think I am chill and relaxed.
At one point when Henry was a baby (he was relatively easy going), my father-in-law tried to attribute that to my perceived laid-backness. Not gonna lie, I let him go on thinking that I really am relaxed, but I think over the last two years my in-laws have probably realized that I am not so chill. (I try really hard not to leave extremely specific instructions regarding food and sleep every single time they babysit.)
True story. I actually THOUGHT I was a decently easy-going, adaptable person (which, if you ask pretty much anyone in my immediate family they'd laugh at you)... but then I had kids, and turns out I am high strung, control freak, easily frustrated, etc... (All it really should have taken was me sitting in the passenger seat of a car to come to this realization but oh well.)
Here's the fun part. I for some unknown reason appear to be laid back but totally am not. Matt, on the other hand, appears to be a little rigid, but he actually IS laid back. BUTTTTTTTTT... Matt, according to his parents, was not a laid back baby or child. And I... well I was a perfectly laid back child and baby, of course. ANALYZE THAT.
3 comments:
I admittedly thought you were very laid back when I knew you back in college!! I will occasionally have someone refer to me as being "laid back," and I have to laugh... obviously we are good at fooling people :)
People are ALWAYS assuming I am laid back... haha just kidding, I don't think ANYONE has EVER told me that :)
But yes, like Amanda, I thought you were laid back in college, too! Maybe it's because you keep it real and tell people about the moments when you don't have it all together, and they mistake that for being easygoing? Maybe?
I have a comment about your milk in the freezer post, but I'm too lazy too scroll down to it (or maybe I'm just too laid back). Anyway, allow me to help you feel better about yourself: So apparently yesterday my mom was puttig stuff away in her fridge while talking on the phone, and when she hung up she put the phone down in the fridge too. She didn't even realize it until later when someone called, and the phone starting ringing from inside the fridge (and even then it took her forever to figure out where it was actually coming from). You're welcome.
Post a Comment