I can't dance. It is a fact. I did not like going to dances in high school or college. I did not want to be required to stand in a circle and try to look cool while dancing. Because for me, looking cool and dancing do not go together.
However, sometime when I was pregnant with Sam, Henry and I started having our own private dance parties cause I figured an almost two year old wouldn't make fun of me for my dancing skills. Henry LOVES to dance to the song "Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Chelle Ray.
Anyway, we often have these little dance parties, where for once in my life, I don't hold back. Recently, Matt pointed out that Henry looks like he's doing the chicken dance with his arms while he is dancing. "Where did he get that?" Matt asked. I have no idea.
But then I paid attention to what I was doing when I danced with him. Apparently whatever it is I do with my arms - to Henry it looks like I am flapping chicken wings. So when he dances, he also flaps his chicken wings. Umm... yeah.
Honestly, Matt needs to be the one to teach our kids their dance moves. Otherwise, Junior High has the potential to be more traumatizing than it already is.
Here's a little Elaine clip, while we are on the topic.
2 comments:
Ha! I hope Matt secretly gets footage of you some time and posts it on the blog :)
I guess you got your dancing skills from me since I can't do STEP CLASS without getting embarrassed.
By the way some of the word that they give you to prove you're not a robot before you post your comments are impossible....Is it a G, or a 6..,etc.
Post a Comment